Headin' to Milan Italy starting in October to be a teaching assistant for English classes at a trade school.

Friday, January 12, 2007

New Years Resolutions, a speaking exercise

This week the students are making their own resolutions as a speaking exercise and then sharing with the class. Here is by far the best one:

'In 2007 I will not be too sweet because my girlfriend is diabetic'

Now that is just lovely. I had a pretty good laugh during class after that one.

On the other end of things, I've been wondering what to do when I get back, seeing as it might be sooner than I previously thought. Passing through my mind has been trying to get into some archaeology or something to do with my degree (anthropology). There is a summer field school ran by the UO that I could do. I know that I don't want to go back to normal school yet, although it's still a possibility in the future. I started looking for internships in archaeology or anthropology yesterday online. I figure that it would be worth a shot, try some things out, although I would like to stay in Portland, for at least a little while after I get back of course. No need to run off right away when I've been away for awhile already. Ok, not much else to say there as I should go grab an espresso before I start teaching. Cheers...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should just come to africa. be my road buddy...

10:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob LeChevallier said...

Hey Matt, maybe you can get your papers from the Italian State, fly to Washington D.C. get your visa and fly back to Rome if you can find a cheap flight. Or get your passport stamped in Switzerland and renter the country for three more months?

Rob LeChevallier

11:37 PM

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home