Headin' to Milan Italy starting in October to be a teaching assistant for English classes at a trade school.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Snow flurries and Brazilian Steakhouse

The snow remains on the ground, for the most part here in D.C. We had a few more snow flurries today but the forecast shows the area warming up over the next few days. Not a whole lot of super exciting things have been happening I suppose. I've been getting my fair share of NCAA 2007 Football in and having a great time hanging with my friends. I went to a UO alumni bar to watch the Ducks basketball team self destruct in the second half the other night. My cousin Gabe was able to find some time to come too, so that was nice. The West Wing tour was really cool. When we first entered into the Wing we saw Press Secretary Tony Snow. And when I was in the Justice Department I saw the Attorney General walking in the hall. I got some good pictures on the White House grounds that I will hopefully post soon (hard not having a personal computer...). Most of them turned out fairly well with the snow on the grounds. So all in all good stuff has been happening.

The big upcoming news is that tomorrow we are going to a Brazilian Steakhouse called Fogo de Chao. It is one of the restaurants where you are given a little token with a green side and a red side. When you place the token green side up on your table these gaucho chefs, carrying freshly roasted/grilled delicious meats on spears, will come to your table and offer what they have. I've been drooling over the website for days. They have it all: salmon, ribs, pork, chicken, all kinds of beef, lamb and more I am sure. I'm planning to fall into a food comma tomorrow. I also plan on this being a reallllyy long lunch. Tonight I dreaming of skewered meats...tomorrow it becomes a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home